Thursday, June 2, 2011

The German Language

I began studying German my junior year of high school and continued through my senior year. Once I began my studies at UMass, I wasn’t sure how I could fit German into my schedule. I ended up missing it enough so I signed up for the second semester of the introduction to German class (GERMAN 120). During the Fall 2010 semester (the semester before I left for Germany) I was enrolled in German 310. I have never been confident in my speaking skills, but once I arrived in Germany I have gained some more confidence in conversation and thinking off the top of my head.

Most people can tell immediately that German is not your native language, and it is sometimes frustrating when they switch to English. The best thing to do in this situation is to continue speaking in German and hopefully they will switch back to help you practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment